Got infected by Search.softonic.com redirect virus? Got constant annoying popups and redirects? Cannot remove it with Antivirus? Here is the best way to deal with your troubles.
Is Search.softonic.com a dangerous virus?
Search.softonic.com is a tricky website that can be categorized as a harmful redirect virus. Normally, this annoying website is promoted by Softonic Toolbar. It is reported that this malicious virus takes over the web browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Once Search.softonic.com virus infiltrates in your operating system, it will carry out many vicious activities. To start with, this bug embeds new entries to the system registry so that it can be executed on Windows boot-up. Besides, Search.softonic.com hides deep in the system and changes its traits all the time to bypass the detection of your security software. That is why your antivirus does not alert you anything about Search.softonic.com virus though it appears on your desktop without your awareness. By making modifications to the system DNS settings as well as the browser settings, Search.softonic.com controls your Internet browser. It replaces the original start page and search provider without seeking any permission. Meanwhile, lots of ads will be displayed on the desktop during your web browsing activities. Search.softonic.com may even download other computer threats to take up your system resources and further destroy the machine. Even, this irritating pest records your online actions and gathers the sensitive information.
Search.softonic.com is such a hazardous redirect virus that it must be removed once found. We provide detailed and professional steps below to help you clean it up.
Note: The following removal needs certain computer skills. If you want to avoid any accident caused by wrong manual operation and save your time, It’is recommended to use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to save your time and trouble.
|Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool Now|
Search.softonic.com virus Screeshot :
Disadvantages and risks of Search.softonic.com Virus:
1. It could change your system registry settings and activate itself on Windows start-up
2. It would modify the default browser settings and controls IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome
3. It replaces the home page and search engine and causes a lot of unwanted redirects
4. It injects malicious add-ons and shows up lots of annoying and suspicious ads
5. It traces online activities and collects Personal user information especially the credit card data
6. It may introduce many other computer threats like Trojans, spyware, and malware.
7. It makes the browser run slowly or even makes the system crash
Manually Get Rid of Search.softonic.com Virus
According to our research, we found that Search.softonic.com redirect is caused by search.us.com toolbar that often gets installed together with other free toolbar or programs. And search.us.com toolbar has made many changes to your computer system and web browsers. So, you should keep very patient and careful when you are following our removal steps and manually removing Search.softonic.com virus.
1. Please close all your web browsers before deleting Search.softonic.com malware.
2. Click Start button and then Control Panel
3. Click Add or Remove Programs
4. Locate and remove Search.softonic.com toolbar and other unknown software or toolbars
5. Run your Internet Explorer
6. Click Tools and then click Manage Add-ons option
7. Click Toolbars and Extensions to disable Search.softonic.com toolbar or other suspicious add-ons and then click Search Providers tab to remove unwanted search engine.
After uninstalling Search.softonic.com toolbar and reverting its changes to your browser, you need to go throught the following steps if you want to completely get rid of Search.softonic.com virus.
1. Search and delete the following registry entries of Search.softonic.com virus
2. Search and remove the following malicious files of Search.softonic.com malware
You should know that manually editing registry needs some computer know-how and is rather risky for computer newbie. Another fact is that Search.softonic.com virus is able to update its version frequently and change its file locations. So the manual removal can not gurantee a thorough removal of Search.softonic.com virus.
Search.softonic.com Redirect Virus Removal Video:
Automatically Remove All Nasty Viruses (Recommended)
Not every victim can manually get rid of the virus with success, because the virus mutates very quickly to avoid being detected and deleted from your computer. If you have no idea about where its malicious files are really hiding, it is recommended that you use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to help you save your time and hassle.
|Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool Now|
The Previous:How can I Remove Metropolitan British Police virus & Unlock the Machine
The Next: Interpol Virus Removal: How to Remove Interpol Virus
Best Way to Remove/Get Rid of Backdoor.Generic15.BYNL Virus
Delete/Remove Dnsrsearch.com Virus & Restore Chrome/IE/Firefox
How to Get Rid of/Remove iLivid Adware-Virus Removal Guide
Tips to Uninstall/Get Rid of GorillaPrice Adware-Virus Removal
Safely Remove/Get Rid of Win32: BProtect-D[Trj] Virus
Tips to Get Rid of/Delete/Remove Inksdata.com Virus
Easy Guide to Get Rid of/Remove Trustedoffer.com Popup Virus
Safely Remove/Get Rid of/Delete Ad.yieldmanager.com Virus
Steps to Remove/Get Rid of Trojan:Win64/Alureon.gen!A Virus
Get Rid of/Remove Slick Savings- Virus Removal Tips
Delete Saved Password from IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera
How to Create/Use/Leave a HomeGroup on Windows 7
Fast Way to Uninstall/Remove/Get Rid of Search Donkey Ads Virus
Get Rid of/Remove/Uninstall Plurpush Adware-Virus Removal Tips
Tips to Get rid of/Remove/Delete Generic_r.Cen Virus Safely
Quick Help to Uninstall/ Remove Live Security Professional Virus
Tips to Remove/Delete Datarvrs.com Virus from IE/Chrome/Firefox
Guide to Get Rid of/Remove Shopping Helper Toolbar Virus
Tips to Uninstall/Remove Windows Internet Guard-Virus Removal Guide
Steps to Remove/Get Rid of Qvo6.com Virus from Chrome/IE/Firefox