Web browser controlled by Websearch.webisgreat.info hijacker? Cannot use favorite home page and search engine? Internet connection slows down seriously? No worries, read this page and follow detailed manual removal of Websearch.webisgreat.info virus.
Is Websearch.webisgreat.info a dangerous virus?
Websearch.webisgreat.info is deemed as a nasty browser hijacker that alters search engines in most famous Internet browsers to its own site. This hijacker advertises various product promotions and supported search providers that will generate certain commission to the hijacker distributors for the visitors rerouted.
In terms of functionality, phony search engine Websearch.webisgreat.info cannot compete with legitimates ones. Hijacker authors apply search results hijacking to get more visitors. Hence, this malware is unpleasant and even risky for end users. Computer owners get infected by Websearch.webisgreat.info redirect when downloading application bundles or phony movies files. To be specific, to install the wanted program or download the desired movie, users will be required to add Websearch.webisgreat.info as well. The program description doesn’t explain what Websearch.webisgreat.info does so as to lower PC owners’ guard. Thus, this redirect seeks the chance to get inside the system.
Besides, most security programs are pretty powerless against hijackers like Websearch.webisgreat.info as they have hard time distinguishing between real search providers and malicious ones. Therefore, if Internet users want to get rid of Websearch.webisgreat.info from their computers, manual removal method is the best option. Follow the instructions given in this article to see how to do.
Note: The following removal needs certain computer skills. If you want to avoid any accident caused by wrong manual operation and save your time, It’is recommended to use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to save your time and trouble.
|Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool Now|
Websearch.webisgreat.info virus Screeshot :
Disadvantages and risks of Websearch.webisgreat.info Virus:
1. It could drop harmful files to system registry and activates itself on Windows boot-up
2. It modifies browser settings and adds toolbar to Google Chrome/Internet Explorer/Mozilla Firefox
3. It replaces default home page and search engine and provides lots of sponsored search results
4. It causes frequent redirects to unwanted pages and generates numerous pop-up ads
5. It records online activities and collects important information especially the credit card data
6. It may introduce many other computer threats like Trojans, spyware, and malware
7. It consumes high system resources and slows up the whole affected Operating System
Manually Get Rid of Websearch.webisgreat.info Virus
According to our research, we found that Websearch.webisgreat.info redirect is caused by Websearch.webisgreat.info toolbar that often gets installed together with other free toolbar or programs. And Websearch.webisgreat.info toolbar has made many changes to your computer system and web browsers. So, you should keep very patient and careful when you are following our removal steps and manually removing Websearch.webisgreat.info virus.
1. Please close all your web browsers before deleting Websearch.webisgreat.info malware.
2. Click Start button and then Control Panel
3. Click Add or Remove Programs
4. Locate and remove Websearch.webisgreat.info toolbar and other unknown software or toolbars
5. Run your Internet Explorer
6. Click Tools and then click Manage Add-ons option
7. Click Toolbars and Extensions to disable Websearch.webisgreat.info toolbar or other suspicious add-ons and then click Search Providers tab to remove unwanted search engine.
After uninstalling Websearch.webisgreat.info toolbar and reverting its changes to your browser, you need to go through the following steps if you want to completely get rid of Websearch.webisgreat.info virus.
1. Search and delete the following registry entries of Websearch.webisgreat.info virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon “Shell” = “[random].exe
2. Search and remove the following malicious files of Websearch.webisgreat.info malware
You should know that manually editing registry needs some computer know-how and is rather risky for computer newbie. Another fact is that Websearch.webisgreat.info virus is able to update its version frequently and change its file locations. So the manual removal can not guarantee a thorough removal of Websearch.webisgreat.info virus.
Websearch.webisgreat.info Redirect Virus Removal Video:
Automatically Remove All Nasty Viruses (Recommended)
Not every victim can manually get rid of the virus with success, because the virus mutates very quickly to avoid being detected and deleted from your computer. If you have no idea about where its malicious files are really hiding, it is recommended that you use this powerful Automatic Virus Removal Tool to help you save your time and hassle.
|Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool Now|
The Previous:Detailed Instructions to Remove Srv.clickfuse.com Virus and Fix Popups
The Next: How to Remove Downloadcamp.com Popup Virus Thoroughly
How to Create Shortcuts to Your Desktop
Get Rid of/Delete 123srv.com Virus & Restore IE/Firefox/Chrome
Tips to Delete/Get Rid of/Remove Fishcod.com Virus Safely
Delete/Get Rid of ArcadeFrontier.com Virus from IE/Firefox/Chrome
How to Delete/Get Rid of Quick Start Virus from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Best Way to Remove/Get Rid of RRsavings Popup Virus Completely
Remove/Delete Ads by Online Browser Advertising-Virus Removal
Get Rid of/Remove win32/Cryptor Virus & Restore Your PC
Easy Way to Get Rid of/Delete/Remove Win32/Sirefef.FB.GenVirus
Steps to Remove/Get Rid of Win64/32:Sirefef-All [Trj/Rtk] Virus
Remove/Uninstall WinZip Registry Optimizer Malware-Virus Removal Tips
How to Remove/Get Rid of Websearch.just-browse.info Virus Fast & Safely
Easy Steps to Get Rid of/Remove Dpx.js.i.simpli.fi Virus
Fix Files Access Denied Error in Windows 7
Helpful Tips to Delete/Remove Hijacker.Startpage.KS Virus
How to Remove/Delete Search.results.com Virus & Fix Redirects
Easy way to Remove/Delete/Get Rid of lnksr.com Virus & Fix Redirects
Simple Way to Remove/Delete PUP.Optional.LuckyLeap.A Virus
Steps to Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com Virus from IE/Firefox/Chrome
Tips to Remove/Get Rid of W32/Mariofev!mem Virus & Restore Your PC